Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Getting to Know You

I was on Pinterest one night and came across this post/blog by Sharon Martin, LCSW at Happily Imperfect and decided to take a look.  It included questions to help know yourself better, and I thought, how fun!  Well, it took me over a week to answer all of them, but I am pretty happy with the results, so I thought I would post them here for you.  I strongly suggest checking out Happily Imperfect, it is a great read and I like it so much, I subscribed to it!

Questions to help you know yourself better:

  1. What are my strengths? I am strong.
  2. What are my short-term goals? Get a new job and keep all my bills up to date.
    Long-term goals?
    Be my own boss.
  3. Who matters most to me? My son, Gavin.
    Who are my support people?
    My family and a few close friends.
  4. What am I ashamed of? Not always being able to control my mental illness.
  5. What do I like to do for fun? That depends on what kind of mood I am in.  I like to read, watch movies, hang out with my son, or chill with a couple close friends.
  6. What new activities am I interested in or willing to try? I want to get back into the outdoors, snowshoeing, yoga, and Pilates.
  7. What am I worried about? The future.
  8. What are my values? I value being a good person.
    What do I believe in? (consider politics, religion, social issues)
    Loving one another, treating others the way you want to be treated.  Be a good person; stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves.
  9. If I could have one wish, it would be to have financial freedom.
  10. Where do I feel safest? At home, or with my brother, and at my mom’s house.
  11. What or who gives me comfort? My brother, a few close friends, when my son says he loves me.
  12. If I wasn’t afraid, I would be unstoppable.
  13. What is my proudest accomplishment? Creating a life I want to stick around for.
  14. What is my biggest failure? Marriage.
  15. Am I a night owl or an early bird? Neither and both.  I am prefer being a night owl.
    How can I arrange my life to better suit this part of my nature?
    It is hard with a young child, he has to be in school in the morning and gets up at the crack of dawn on the weekends.
  16. What do I like about my job? Currently, not much.  But, I do get to work by myself.
    What do I dislike?
    I want to work from home.
  17. What does my inner critic tell me? Stop being so critical. Stop being your own worst enemy.  Get off of the woe is me train and get to it!
  18. What do I do to show myself self-compassion and self-care? I love pedicures, whether I do them myself or get them done.
  19. Am I an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert
    Am I energized being around others or being by myself?
    Both. 
  20. What am I passionate about? Life.
  21. What is my happiest memory? A party at Uncle Johnny’s house, where my dad and the guys were sitting around the fire with their guitars, singing songs and strumming along, with all of us kids dancing around.
  22. What do my dreams tell me? I am afraid of drowning.
  23. What is my favorite book? Panda Bear’s Paintbox
    Movie?
    Practical Magic
    Band?
    Social Distortion
    Food?
    Pasta
    Color?
    Red
    Animal?
    Lion
  24. What am I grateful for? Everyday.
  25. When I’m feeling down I like to go for a drive and crank the music.
  26. I know I’m stressed when I cannot finish a sentence or feel overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment