Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Coming Home After My 2nd Inpatient Stay

10/19/19
17:52

I have been "out" for almost three and a half hours. In that time, I stopped at home and saw Poppy, dropped my friend off, picked up Gavin, went to the store/pharmacy, chilled with the kid, cleared up my phone, and made dinner.

Dinner

  • Mini Pigs in a Blanket, Baked Beans
I gave Gavin all of the stuff that I made for him.

I am going to have to do my pills and set alarms for the  schedule of the new medication. 

21:09

Tonight will be the true test for the new medication with three cats, one puppy, and an eight-year old in the bed. We are going to bed around 21:30, I am exhausted!

10/20/19
08:37

Water: 28 ounces

I slept only half way last night. I think I am getting or have a sinus infection, so I need to address that. Sleep would have probably been better without five extra bodies in my bed. 

Breakfast:
  • Coffee with Sugar, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon
Water: 56 ounces

Lunch:
  • Pigs in a Blanket, (2) Peanutbutter & Jelly Sandwiches
Water: 84 ounces

Dinner:
  • Pizza topped with Canadian Bacon and Black Olives
Water: 112 ounces

21:24

It was hard to keep track of today since it was just a normal Sunday. I got most of my Sunday/Monday chores done, set up a schedule with fifteen minute incriments for the next three days. Today was a mellow pajama day, just doing the list as it came up.  All of my dailies were finished, Saturday's chores were done, and set up for tomorrow.

Monday, tomorrow, will be busy, but should not be overwhelming. I tried to schedule everything out with extra time for tasks.

10/21/19

I did track my food today, but I am not going to log it. I will say that I had three square meals and then a few snacks, so I am keeping up with the nutrition portion.  I also drank 100 ounces of water, so I hit my goal!

I followed my schedule for today almost to the T. It was a lot easier than a to do list as all I have to do is follow the schedule and do the task in the time frame. I wasn't anxious or stressed, if something didn't get done, it got moved to later in the day. It was all very easy to follow.

10/22/19

Today, my schedule changed before I even got out of bed. I found out last night that I did not have to take the kids to school (I have one child, but take two to school), so I decided to sleep in an hour with out adjusting the schedule. Then, after my appointment I went to a friend's house for coffee. That wasn't even on the schedule, but I am home now making it all work. Besides, seeing her and chatting for that couple of hours is more theraputic than a counseling session most days.

I did not take a shower today, something I need to remember if tomorrow I slack off, I will need to rein myself back in. The shower is on the schedule. It is the second thing for the day, the first is my least favorite chore of all-the litter box. I put it first thing so I can just get it taken care of instead of leaving it for last everyday and avoiding it. Blogs, chores, meals, they are all on there.

Doing the schedule in fifteen minute incriments helps me plan out the day and also make sure I am not overwhelming myself. Another important detail is that there is no longer a to-do-list, it all goes on the schedule. A lot more things are getting done around the house (so far, in two whole days, lol) and it is a lot less stressful. I can edit it on my computer and bring it up on my phone, or vice versa!

I have already made some changes, for example, I needed to take travel time into account for things outside of the house so I don't put something in that slot. I am making soup, in the slow cooker, for dinner tonight, so I put a half hour instead of fifteen minutes to assemble it in case I needed it. I didn't need it, but it bought me back some of the time I missed this morning.

I went to bed last night with a sore throat and even though it is doing better today, for the most part, it is still pretty sore. I had to take a break from hot beverages to get my water intake up. Yes, coffee and tea are made from water, but I only count plain water towards my intake in ounces. At about  200 pounds, my intake goal is 100 ounces.

It is only quarter after 2, but I am going to end this blog here, I think, and post it tomorrow. I may come back and edit it later tonight, before bed. Oh! By the way, I am actually sleeping!
Image result for comics about coming home

No comments:

Post a Comment