Friday, October 25, 2019

A Project Finished

10/25/19
09:01


Today, I am proud of myself. I took on a project that was complicated and I have never really done before with a time line and I FINISHED IT!!

My son, 8 years old, decided he wanted to be a puppy for Halloween this year. I had the fabric so I figured, why not?, I can make the costume. I have never made clothing before, but how hard could it be for someone with sewing experience? Well, as it turns out it is a little complicated.

There was no real pattern, I had to measure him and free hand it basically. It turned out okay, but I forgot a piece and didn't take into account the difference in fabric thickness. Still, no big deal, it all got stitched up and ready EARLIER by a week so he could wear it to a last minute event!

Some adjustments needed to be made after he got home, and it was a little tight, but he loved it and looked absolutely adorable.  My mom told me I did a great job on it. I am gleaming.

I have not felt this way in a long time. I have not accomplished this much in an even longer time. I have started so many projects while manic and they just sit there, waiting to be finished. Sometimes years go by before I get a spurt of energy and dontate it or get a rummage sale together, hoping that someone else can give them life.

It is a amazing feeling when you finish a project, something that you took raw materials and made into a finished product, something that now has a purpose. It makes me feel purposful, creative, and most of all, happy.

I really highly recommend just picking up one of those projects and giving it a second chance at life; by doing so you may just be giving yourself a second chance at feeling happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment