Monday, August 1, 2016

Different Stages, Different Authors

I think it is important that I mention that I write during ups (hypo-mania, mania) and downs (depression).  It may seem that there are two, or even three different people writing on here, but I promise, it is only me.  I do not have multiple personalities, my mind just functions at different speeds and levels of clarity so you might read something that seems relativity put together one day, but then something else full of raw emotion the next.  If you read Heart vs Brain then you know what I am talking about.

It is not just about ups and downs either, there are level times, which makes up most of my days.  It is a cycle, an semi-predictable one for me, but that is not always the case.  I can tell when I am riding high, when I am about to crash, and of course when I have crashed.  What I have not been able to pinpoint is when I will rise back up from a depression lull.  It used to be three days, like clockwork, but now the spats last longer, are undefined in severity and hold no pattern.  I can deal with being level, I can deal with hypo-mania, mania is a different story all its own, but depression, that can engulf you to the point that you do not get out of bed for three days.

......  I started this post three days ago an this is as far as I got.  I would finish it, but that thought is now lost.  I would delete it, but I want people to see that this is something that actually happens with my brain.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment