Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Writing Because of A Book

So you will probably see a lot of little random posts in the begining, evolving into longer, more spaced out posts in the future. 

I got the idea for a blog from a book I am reading: "Writing through the Darkness: easing your depression with paper and pen" by Elizabeth Maynard Shaefer, Ph.D.  I have always found relief from writing and besides this blog, I also keep a journal for more personal thoughts. 

Throughout the book, there are little writing exercises that have really worked wonders for me so far. I am not saying it is a quick fix for anything, but it did give me the courage to share my thoughts and feelings with the world, which feels amazing. 

I was going to keep my writings from the excersises to my self, in the journal, but I may post a few of them to see if maybe any of you could relate.  Maybe someone will benefit in knowing they are not alone, and maybe I can benefit from sharing things that I have kept hidden from the world and myself for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment